How to beat the January Blues
Everything you need to beat the January Blues
How to battle the January blues
We are well and truly in to January and some of you may be feeling the January blues. It is the time of the year when some people start to feel a little down, and it largely related to how the body responds to sunlight. If you are feeling down, after the Christmas holidays, know that you aren’t alone in this feeling and there are ways to try and pick yourself up. It is in fact a real medical condition that can last for a few weeks. Watch out for blue Monday as well on the 20th January, which is known for being the most depressing day of the year.
Not to worry as we have great number of suggestions to help everyone feel a little brighter this month!
Things to try:
- Make sure that you go outside! As exposure to daylight is extremely good for us, therefore we often become more depressed in the darker months due to lack of sunlight.
- Try something new- this can include foods, activities, friendships and more. Do not be afraid to step outside your comfort zone.
- Plan a holiday! It is always great having something to looking forward to, and fills day to day lives with a sense of purpose.
- Self - reflect to what would make you happier in your life? Consider ways to improve yourself?
- Exercise is one of the best ways to lift your spirits!
- Treat yourself, with a hot bath, a giant chocolate bar or a Netflix series binge.
- Sponge Cake!
Cake to cure the January blues
A lovely bit of cake is certain to keep the January blues at bay and the best way to treat yourself. We have many great flavours to choose from there is certain to be one to put a smile on your face. Or you could even send a delicious cake to a friend or family member to give them a pick me up. Simply choose the flavour they would enjoy the most, from our great selection including chocolate, lemon, coffee, victoria, millionaires, carrot, apple crumble and many more. Or we have gluten free flavours, and vegan options as well!
Our Cake Cards are a great way to send a message and cake to cheer someone up. With many wonderful card front designs to choose from there is something for everyone. Then either add 1 or 2 slices of cake, or one of our gift slices. This will keep anyone’s January blues at bay.
Do not worry about having to leave the house for cake, as you can order out delicious cakes from the comfort of your own home. If you order before 2pm you can receive next day delivery as well, or you can select the day you wish for it to be delivered. Or our Cake Cards have free delivery on all orders and can be posted straight through a letterbox.