Sponge Club Terms & Conditions
1. Terms applying only to Sponge Club Subscriptions
1.1 Sponge Club Monthly / Annual Subscription:
- You must be 18, or over and a resident in the UK
- You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts
- The service is for personal use only and is not available for customers who purchase goods for business, re-sale or wholesale purposes.
2. How the contract is formed between you and us
2.1 After placing an order and ticking to join the Sponge Club during checkout, or signing up via our Join The Club website page, you will receive an email from us acknowledging that we have received your order and you are now part of the Sponge Club.
2.2 The subscription plan for our Sponge Club consists of a first payment and then followed by recurring period charges as agreed to by you. Our most up-to-date pricing can be viewed on our Join The Club page here. By entering into this Agreement, you acknowledge that your subscription has an initial and recurring payment feature and you accept responsibility for all recurring charges prior to deactivation. Sponge.co.uk may submit periodic charges (e.g., monthly or annually) without further authorization from you, until you provide prior notice that you have terminated this authorization or wish to change your payment method. Such notice will not affect charges submitted before sponge.co.uk reasonably could act. To terminate your authorization or change your payment method please login to your club account here - https://www.sponge.co.uk/account/login
- Payment for the Sponge Club Memberships are by credit/debit card. Your card details will need to be registered with us.
- When you join the club you will be billed for your first month at the same time
- We will attempt to bill you via our third party, Stripe, on the anniversary (either every month or every year depending on membership choice).
- If payment fails we will attempt to take payment four times in the following week .
- Your account will still be active during this grace period of a week and you will still accrue benefits.
- If by the end of this period you have failed to update your payment details correctly your subscription will end, and your account will revert to a normal account, any benefits accrued will be cancelled. You will receive a cancellation email to confirm this.
2.4 To cancel your Sponge Club Membership follow these steps.
- Log in on the Sponge website
- Click on 'Sponge Club'
- Click on ‘cancel sponge club button’ under the 'Your Plan' heading
- Follow the steps to deactivate
2.5 It is your responsibility to ensure you use the Sponge Club service in accordance with the terms and conditions. Any breach by you will result in the termination of your subscription and no refund will be given. Sponge reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions and/or discontinue the offer at any time. If Sponge discontinues the offer, you will be refunded pro rata for the remaining months of your subscription (if you have chosen to pay annually).
3.1 You can only cancel your Sponge Club subscription if you choose the annual membership within the first 7 days after requesting it, if the service has not been used (you cannot request a cancellation if you have joined the Sponge Club during checkout). If you wish to cancel this subscription during this time, please contact us here - https://www.sponge.co.uk/help. After this time, no refund can be given, including if credit is withdrawn or you close your Credit account.
4. Sponge Club Deliveries
4.1 You are entitled to 52 free standard deliveries per year. These will be spread out through a year period with a maximum of 5 free delivery orders placed within the last 7 days.
4.3 Free deliveries cannot be used on Sponge Fridays or in conjunction with any other special offers outside of the Sponge Club unless otherwise stated.
4.4 You are entitled to 10 Cake Card orders per rolling week in addition to the standard deliveries. Your ability to purchase Cake Cards with your Club Membership will be restricted once this limit is reached.
4.5 Extra fees levied by our delivery partners, such as Congestion Zone surcharges, are not included as part of our standard delivery offering, therefore are not included as part of the membership. Full details of all of these charges are on our delivery page.
If you are unhappy with your order for a legitimate reason such as: the box was damaged, the product was not correct etc. We will offer an appropriate refund as long as it can be shown that the Sponge you were charged for was not provided as it should have been.
Depending on your membership plan, you may receive credit back in to your account when you place an order.
- You can choose when you would like to use your accrued credit against a purchase.
- You can only use the whole amount of credit accrued and cannot choose to use part of it.
- You cannot get a cash alernative for any credit accrued on to your account.
- This can only be used on Sponge.co.uk.
- If you cancel your account or we are unable to take payment for membership to the point that your membership automatically cancels, you will lose any credit accrued.
- If you require a refund for a product that was bought in part or full with reward credit then an alternative will be sent to you or the credit will be put back on to your account.