Chocolate & Strawberry Sponge
A delicious Sponge everyone will LOVE!
Chocolate and Strawberry Sponge
Here it is! Our Chocolate and Strawberry Valentine’s Sponge! The perfect sponge for any Valentine’s gift this year. A fantastic sponge full of deliciously rich chocolate and high-quality cocoa and real chocolate chunks melted in, and sandwiched together with a creamy, dreamy buttercream with drizzled chocolate all over the top. It is a great addition to a special Valentine’s night in with a loved one, and a great gift to send to a special someone.
What is in the mix!
A delicious combination of free-range eggs, cocoa powder, chocolate chunks, combine to create a deliciously rich chocolate sponge. You will also find freeze dried strawberries are brought together with English butter and icing sugar to create a sweet yummy strawberry buttercream! A scrumptious combination of flavours to create the perfect Valentine’s gift.
Gluten Free Chocolate and Strawberry Cake
We are also offering our delicious Chocolate & Strawberry sponge in gluten free as well. You would not be able to taste the difference between the two! The best way to make sure that no one misses out on this delicious sponge, full of chocolaty goodness, sandwiched together with dreamy strawberry buttercream, and drizzled white chocolate all over the top.
Send Valentine’s Wishes
You can send a special Valentine’s message all over the UK and what better than with a delicious cake! You can order from the comfort of your own home, write a special message to a loved one and select the day for it to arrive to them. If you are unable to see your loved one this Valentine’s day, then we have the solution to make sure you stay in the good books. We also offer next working day cake delivery on all orders so do not worry if you tend to think more last minute! With Valentine’s day on a Friday this year the last orders for delivery on Valentine’s day is Thursday 13th February. Although for special occasions we always advise on ordering for the day before to allow for any unforeseen circumstances.
Personalised Valentine’s Gifts
You can also personalise your Valentine’s gift as well by adding a greetings card with a personalised message inside to put a big smile on their face. You can also add extras as well to your order to make it special for someone, such as drinks, including prosecco, whiskey and coke, gin and tonic, lemonade and much more. Or you can even add hot drinks as well, such as tea, coffee, and hot chocolate!
Valentine’s Traditions from around the world
- In Denmark rather than roses, friends and sweethearts exchanged pressed white flowers called snowdrops.
- In France the capital Paris is considered one of the most romantic cities in the world, and has long celebrated Valentine’s Day as a day for lovers. It has been acknowledged that the first Valentine’s Day card originated in France when Charles, Duke or Orleans, sent love letters to his wife while imprisoned in the Tower of London in 1415.
- In South Korea Valentine’s Day is a popular holiday for young couples in South Korea, and variations of the holiday are celebrated monthly from February through till April.
- On romantic Welsh gift is a love spoon.
- In China the equivalent to Valentine’s Day is Qixi, or the Seventh Night Festival, that falls on the seventh day of the seventh lunar month each year.