JOB POST - Technical Manager
We're looking for a technical manager...
Sponge, near Holt, is a modern and exciting online cake business, producing a fantastic range of wonderful cakes which are sold to our customers via the website and through a network of wholesalers throughout the UK.
Sponge has ambitious plans to become the leading online cake business in the UK and we are recruiting for a part time Technical Manager who will be involved in all aspects of quality assurance and food safety within our business.
You will be working in a small management team and will be responsible for carrying out, establishing and monitoring food safety and quality procedures, with the overall shared goal of supplying high quality and safe products to our customers. This roles also involves some Health & Safety responsibilities.
- Work to the guidelines laid out by SALSA.
- Review existing quality assurance processes based around HACCP principles with a view to seek constant improvements.
- Maintain and continually review and improve the quality system.
- Implement a robust system for supplier approval and ongoing monitoring.
- Ensuring the bakery team have the relevant training to work safely and effectively in the bakery.
- Investigate all food safety / quality non-conformance and ensure that corrective actions have been identified and closed out.
- Lead external audits (SALSA) + internal & customer audits.
- Assist Management team to meet all Health and Safety obligations.
- Qualification and experience in food safety and quality assurance.
- Some Health & Safety experience.
- HACCP qualification or in-depth understanding.
- Methodical approach with a good attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
The Technical Manager’s role is part time and involves working 2-3 days or 5 half days, to suit the individual. Salary competitive based on experience and the agreed working week.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org