Gifts by Post
Convenient Gifts Straight Through the Door
Letterbox gifts, they’ve been around for a while, but especially in the last few years they have made celebrating a loved one's birthday so much easier. Even before, if you couldn’t see a loved one in person for one reason or another, it was hard to know whether they would be around for the delivery of a couriered gift, so letterbox gifts in the post gave us more confidence that they would receive it with less hassle.
The issue with gifts via courier, is that often someone needs to be in to receive an item, or if not, you can request to leave the parcel in a safe space or with a trusted neighbour, but even then, there’s no guarantee those requests will be followed. So, it takes a weight off your mind when you don’t have to worry about those things because you know that the item will be posted through their post box, ready and waiting for them while they go about their daily lives. It helps you to keep these gifts a surprise as well, because you don’t have to be shady by asking them if they will be in on this day between these times.
What is a letterbox gift?
They are quite self-explanatory, it’s a case of it does what it says on the tin. These are gifts that are specifically designed to go through the post and slipped through the letterbox. They can come in various shapes and sizes, but the one thing they will have in common is that they will fit through a standard size letterbox.
The contents of the gift are variable, there are lots of companies who offer letterbox options now, and knowing the person who you are buying for can sometimes help you decide what to send them. Equally sometimes, even when you know the person well you may be at a loss as to what to send them.
Universal options are available though, they are what we like to think of as the ideal gifts for those who have everything. They are genderless too, which means you could send them to absolutely anyone and it will make them happy. And usually they revolve around food, which everyone enjoys. Most will also allow you to add a personalised message to the gift as well, so they cover all aspects for gifting.
Why send a gift by post?
We’ve already mentioned some of the benefits of choosing a letterbox gift, but just as a bit of a recap we’ll tell you again:
- Convenience – Once you’ve placed your order of a letterbox gift, that’s it, you are done. You just wait for the recipient to send you a joyous message or phone call to let you know how much they appreciate your gift. If you’re worried about the reliability of the post, many companies offer to add or already include tracked delivery of items.
- Availability – Usually, letterbox gifts are available all year round (with the exception of the days the post doesn’t get delivered). And it’s very rare that a company that offers letterbox gift options will run out of products. This is because the items are small so easier to store more of them.
- Choice – Similar to the above, as the items are smaller, you can have more choice over what is included in your letterbox gift. And there are lots of places that offer gifting of this kind, so if anything, you may be spoilt for choice.
- Cost – Due to the size of the offering, these gifts by post are usually a bit of a bargain. Obviously, it can vary depending on what is included in the gift itself, but a lot of letterbox gifts have a RRP of around the £10 mark. This is great when you are working to a tight budget but still want to treat your loved one to a gift.
- Occasion – Gifting is made a lot easier with these types of gifts. Not just because of the above reasons, but because they are a suitable for almost any occasion. Whether it’s a birthday, an anniversary, or just to treat someone you love, letterbox gifts are ideal.
What to send?
There are lots of types of letterbox gifts out there, but we have the perfect one for any occasion. Cake Cards, much like the term letterbox gifts, does what it says in the name. It’s literally a couple of slices of cake inside a card. We think you’ll agree that this is a great idea for an easy gift to please everyone for their special occasion.
Our Cake Cards are wonderful, there are so many card designs to choose from, we’re sure you’ll find the ideal one for your occasion and recipient. On the off chance you can’t find the right card front, you can choose our photo card option. This option allows you to upload your own photograph or card design to be printed for your letterbox gift.
Once you have decided on your card, you can then add a personalised message inside the card to let them know that it’s from you, first and foremost, but also, it’s your opportunity to tell them why you are sending them this lovely gift. Or, just to include a well-meaning message to your loved one.
Next is the fun part, you can choose the cake slices that go inside your card. We know that everyone has different tastes and dietary requirements, so we have created a range of flavours and dietary options. Alongside our standard cake slices, you will also find gluten free cake slices, vegan cake slices, and gluten and dairy free cake slices available to choose from.
Standard tracked 48-hour Royal Mail delivery is included in the price of our Cake Cards, so you don’t even have to worry about additional costs! You can upgrade to our express next day delivery for just £1 extra if you are ordering a last-minute gift by post.